Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Kind of a silly title, but you don't know how long I searched for just the right song to go with this post (It was really hard to find a song related to food, cooking or Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip!). In the end, I didn't end up finding one that I thought went really well...hence the title I ended up with!

Things have been pretty much the usual around here. Busy as ever of course.

I guess kind of along the topic of my title; I heard back this evening from the agency we had called regarding the seminar they are holding for people interested in adopting some of the children from Haiti who are being brought to the United States. It seems that only children who come into the country with papers stating that they are orphans can be adopted. Still, I can't help feeling that this tragedy is an opportunity for us somehow...I don't know how it will all work out but I know that God has a plan.

The true reason for this post is to share a very yummy recipe that I tried recently. Saturday a few of us met at a friend's house to work on knitting hats for cancer patients; it's part of our efforts to raise money for our school Relay for Life team. So, I decided to bring this yumminess to share!

Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip

Start out with:
8 ounces softened cream cheese (room temperature)
2 cups sour cream
3 ounces bacon bits (I bought the type in bag as opposed to the crunchy ones)
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup chopped green onion, more for garnish
Chopped bacon for garnish, optional (I didn't use this; I figured it was fattening enough already!)

Mmmm...lovely green onions!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients.


Spread in a 1 quart baking dish.
Cover and heat 25-30 minutes or until hot.
If you choose to you can garnish with some of the green onion.
Do you see the one that looks like a heart?
It didn't last very long but we sure did enjoy it! I served it with Wheat Thins, but I'm sure you could find lots of other things to gobble it up with! If you do try the dip I hope that you'll leave a comment and tell us how you liked it!

Now, I know that there are many musical purists that will be AGHAST that I'm choosing this version of the Rolling Stones song to share. Truth be told, I'm not a huge Stones fan (ducking quickly to avoid anything that might be flying me way). Phew! Anyway...I am a huge fan of Glee, so I am including that version for you to appreciate instead.

Hope your day is filled with good music and great food!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Um...what?! You DON'T like The Stones?! Insanity!! And your pictures look absolutely fabulous btw. I just want to eat them up!! But...maybe I'll try the dip instead. :-)