Sunday, January 3, 2010

Same Old Lang Syne

Welcome 2010! You're going to be a great year!!!

This year is off to a wonderful start! Since Dee had to work New Year's Eve, I spent it at the hotel so we could be together. As one area I plan to focus on this year is taking more photos (especially of Dee and I together) I had to start off the night with a picture:


For a little while now I've been thinking about doing Project 365 in the hopes that I'll end the year with not just more pictures, but also more blog posts. I think it will be exciting to remember those everyday moments as the year goes on.

Also, Hip Mountain Mama has a wonderful challenge going this year called One Small Change. I hope you'll pop over there and see what it's all about! My change for January is one that I've been working on for some time, but really want to focus on more. I will stop using plastic grocery bags completely. Not only do they create clutter in my house but the clutter they create on our Earth is awful! To help keep my goal I went around the house and found all the reusable bags I have that aren't already being used for something else (my knitting bag, the one I use to hold newspapers, etc) and washed them all. Now they'll be ready to put in the car so that I'll always have them handy! Also, I'm going to find one that will fold up small enough to keep in my purse for those times when we make a quick stop. Will you take the challenge too? Together we can make such a difference with only one small change!

Last night, since Dee was off with me, we jetted over to Chesterfield for a much needed and much enjoyed date night. After a little running around (Kohl's for me and Best Buy for Dee) we ended up in Michael's where they were having a huge yarn sale! Of course I had to stock up! I've been needing some solid colors since all my other yarn is multi-colored. Dee got a new art book and some pencils. From there we lounged around in Barnes and Noble for a bit before heading to Red Lobster for dinner; yummy food but yucky service.

The highlight of the evening was seeing the much anticipated Avatar in Imax 3D! Admittedly I knew little to nothing about the movie before going in, but Dee was really excited and had been talking about it for awhile. I'm SO glad that we went! It was amazing; visually stunning and a great story with a nod to several areas of environmental concern. I was very impressed and can't wait to see it again!

Here are a few pics from our fun night:







Hard to believe, but Christmas break ends today and tomorrow I'll be back with my kiddos. Today I'm trying to enjoy my last few moments; I see some knitting and movie watching in my future...

My song selection for the new year is an old one; one that brings back many memories of days gone by. If nothing else, it's the first song that comes to mind as the new year begins. I grew up listening to Dan Fogelberg and love so many of his songs. Unfortunately the video isn't the best, but the song more than makes up for it:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining the One Small Change Challenge! I think it is great that you are going to use reusable bags at the store. I have a few little bags that fit in my purse for unexpected trips or if I don't have enough and it works great! I look forward to hearing how it goes!
Suzy