Monday, January 11, 2010

Obsessed

I fully admit that I can be a flittery kind of girl at times. My attention tends to wander after too much of the same thing. I've had lots of hobbies over the years (cross-stitching, scrapbooking, card making, just to name a few) and collected LOTS of different things (Winnie-the-Pooh, Boyd's Bears, miniatures...heck I even used to collect stickers back in the day (AKA second or third grade) in my ultra cool sticker album.

My latest hobby (please replace "hobby" with the word "obsession") is loom knitting. Besides being a flittery kind of girl, I am also a very uncoordinated one. Try as I might, even after multiple attempts with many patient individuals, I have yet to learn how to knit with needles. But from the moment I picked up the Knifty Knitter it was like magic (magic I tell you)! I have been churning out hats like my life depended on it and loving every minute of it! I've even introduced some of my friends to loom knitting (And dragged them down into the murky depths of my obsession as well...isn't that what good friends are for?).

So, without further ado, since I know you're about to fall out of your seat with anticipation, I present (drum roll please) MY PRECIOUSSSSESSSSS!!! I mean, creations...right, right, that's what I meant...TADA!

This hat went to my little friend Noah:

Sock Monkey was a very willing (and cheap) model:

A hat for my nephew, Nate the Great:

Another hat for sweet baby Nate:

This was a Christmas present from my mother-in-law:

One for Demmi as well:

My first donation hat:

To keep my Nana's head warm:

For sweet Miss Faith on her first birthday:
So there you have it, my latest obsession. I love that loom knitting allows me the chance to be creative, work with beautiful colors and sometimes even gives me a chance to do good for others. I'm really excited to see what I'm able to make in a few months as my skills continue to grow.

In addition, several of my teacher friends and I will be getting together to help make hats to use as a fundraiser for our Relay for Life team. How exciting; good friends, yummy food and knitting!

Today's video was the best I could find related to the topic of obsession. Dee's a Mariah Carey fan, but it's not just her singing he enjoys... ;-) While you're watching, maybe you can think of an obsession you enjoy and share it in the comments section!

No comments: