Monday, September 6, 2010

first of autumn

Regardless of the date on the calendar, it is certainly beginning to look and feel a little more like Fall around here and that's good enough for me!  I spent part of today putting out my decorations and taking pictures of some of my favorites!

My Old Virginia Candle topper on a Cinnabon candle...yummy!
Sunflower plugin from B&BW; it was a sweet birthday present from my even sweeter friend Riki!
I've had this Boyd's Bear resin for a long time.  Love the combination of sunflower and ladybug!
Little rag doll from my Daddy...<3
Various Autumn-ish Yankee tarts in my Longaberger basket; I have Frosted Pumpkin going right now!
My super exciting Vera purchase in Puccini...I got it on clearance for a great price!!!

My FAVORITE wreath!
My Fall and Halloween pins!
I already have quilts on the bed...well, on my side at least!  The red/pink one my mother made me many years ago and the other my Aunt Linda made me for my high school graduation.                                                   It's so special to fall asleep wrapped in all that love.
Though the outside world is slow to get on my Autumn enthusiasm train there are little signs that the seasons really are changing; of course, being from Upstate NY I know that there is nothing more beautiful than the Adirondacks in the Fall, but I digress...

I can't wait until the signs are everywhere while Mother Nature heralds in my favorite time of year!  Do you love Fall as much as I do?  If so, what is your favorite way to welcome in this glorious season?  Please share in the comments section if you feel so inclined!

Even if Fall isn't your favorite, I hope that you will enjoy a little Autumn related Enya, because really, doesn't she go great with any season?  


Happy Fall Ya'll...even if it's just as my house!  :)

2 comments:

Wingnut said...

Love that wreath!! I too love fall, but am too lazy to decorate :)

Jenn said...

Just found you. I love your music thing on the sidebar. What a wonderful mix. What are those berries in the photo?