Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ten for Tuesday: Say Hey (I Love You)

I know I'm a little behind with my posting which is surprising considering all the snow days we've had!  So, we're just going to pretend that today is Tuesday and get some updating done!

The purpose of Ten for Tuesday is to showcase ten things that I am loving right now...take that Oprah!

1~Our new kitty:
Kaia is settling in VERY well and of all our kitties she is the one that likes to cuddle the most.  Her sisters are taking some time to get used to her, but she walks around like she's been here forever! 

2~Soule Mama's blog: I am loving the beautiful photographs of her daily life, her kiddos and her crafty projects.  I think her heartfelt and honest way of writing draws me in and makes me feel as though I've known her for years.  On our last trip to Barnes and Noble I found her book and showed it to Dee; I was so excited to find it, as if it was authored by someone I talked with on a daily basis!

3~The beautiful snow and the resulting snow days:
By the time it was done last week we had about 10 inches.  Then we added more snow, sleet and ice on top of that yesterday and today.  At this point we haven't been back to school  except for a teacher workday on Thursday!




4~Starbucks Frappuccino: Vanilla of course!

A big "Thank You" to be my sweet Husbando who ran to the store and delivered this to me during car rider duty!  I had only gotten a few hours of sleep the previous night and it really helped me get through the day.

5 and 6~ These great tools that allowed me to really tailor my blog and do some fun updates: Mosaic Maker which I used to make my header and Pimp-My-Profile which I used to do a few other backgrounds.  Though I decided not to use those, I still learned a lot about coding from here!

7~This interview with Lady Gaga: 
I can't tell you how many nights I've lost sleep because I can't get her songs out of my head!  Admittedly I've always found her odd but I know that is part of her performance art.  Watching this interview really changed my opinion of her.  I commend her insight at such a young age and wish that more people thought like her.  And how about Barbara Walters???  What a phenomenal woman!  Thank you to my friend Angie for sharing this with video with me!

8~The True Blood Series: Dee and I started watching this through our Netflix subscription.  I think it's safe to say that we are both hooked!  I'm ready for the next disc to get here just as soon as I've put the last one in the mail!  Of course, pretty much anything with vampires is enough to suck (haha) me in!  Can't wait for the next season to come out on DVD; May is a long time away!

9~Sittin' in a Tree: This new pattern by Vera Bradley is beautiful!  I love the subtle colors and of course anything with brown is great by me!

10~Say Hey (I Love You): 
It seems like everywhere I go the more I see the less I know, but I know one thing...I love you.

What are you loving right now?  I hope you'll take a moment to share what's making your list this week!

2 comments:

Jess said...

You are totally my sister! Tim and I have an ongoing joke about the color brown. So as soon as I read that in your post I had to tell him!
Hugs

Heidi said...

Oh! I love this idea! I've been trying to think of a couple things for my days, and I'm stealing this fantastic idea. I'll even link you up tomorrow. :) (And I *LOVE* that song too! I'm going to steal that too! )